Friday, April 29, 2011

Colors and Identity!

Nike has colors like "Voltage Yellow," "Photo Blue," and "Zen Grey."  Maybelline has "Reliable Raspberry," "Timeless Toffee," and "Constantly Cabernet."  Sherman-Williams has "Adriatic Sea Blue," "Billiard Green," and "Morning Sun."

Everywhere, colors are getting branded.  Companies are giving colors their own schwerve, attitude and individuality.  No more simple blue, red or green.  That's not good enough any more.  You thought colors were their own best description?  Think again!  Now we're giving each color a distinctive personality.  What separates this green from that green?  What is this green feeling?  How does it make me feel?  Who am I?  What am I?  Why am I?

I'll tell you.  Luckily, I'm just the type of guy to capitalize on this phenomenon and I jotted down some ideas.  These new color brands can be used for cars, clothes, products... anything!  And each one has a certain "jena se qua" that lends itself to what you're selling.  Colors have charisma. 

  • Arrogant Argyle
  • Conspiring Cobalt
  • Wink and Nod White
  • Soulless Silver (good for Hondas)
  • Terrorist Tan
  • Paralyzing Periwinkle
  • Disconcerting Dark Brown 
  • Hooker Hot Pants Pink
  • Trump® Gold
  • Lecherous Lilac 
  • Tangential Tangerine
  • Egghead
  • Shy Yellow

Yes, I know argyle isn't a color, but that's a good name.  Any others?  Better yet, you tell me what products might correspond to each color!

3 comments:

Batch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Batch said...

Wink and Nod White is perfect for the interior of the men's room stalls at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport...

Mike said...

Very clever!